There is a lot that goes through your mind after a car accident. Your immediate health and safety is the top priority. You’ll wonder how extensive your injuries are and how you’ll pay the mounting medical bills. Then you might start to worry about the damage to your vehicle and how long it will take to get it fixed or replaced. You know you need to exchange information with the other people involved, potentially call the police, and notify your insurance company. As confusion reigns and your worry starts to grow, you might start to wonder if you should hire a car accident attorney to represent your case.
But are your injuries serious enough to need a lawyer? Not every car accident will need the help of an attorney. When there are no injuries and the damage is minor, then you can most likely file the claim yourself. However, if you’ve been in a car accident, it’s always worth speaking to an auto accident attorney about your case. Consultations are free and a lawyer may be able to give you advice on the best way to proceed with your case. So before you decide what to do next, speak to an experienced injury lawyer.
When You Should Hire a Lawyer for Car Accident Claims
If you are the victim of a more serious car accident, you should consider hiring a lawyer specializing in car accident claims. Contact a lawyer for car accident claims for a free consultation if:
● The accident resulted in either minor or major injuries. Sometimes you won’t know the full extent of your injuries for days or even months after the accident. By contacting a lawyer, you can help ensure that the negligent party covers your medical costs even if your injuries are more severe than you initially thought.
● The accident results in the death of a loved one. Whether they were the driver or a passenger, if your loved one dies due to someone else’s negligence, you need to contact an attorney right away. You deserve compensation for pain and suffering as well as the loss of future income because of their death.
● The accident will prevent you from working in the future. Mounting medical bills and debt shouldn’t be the punishment you get because someone else’s negligence left you unable to return to work. If an accident leaves you unable to return to work, you need to contact a lawyer. They will help make sure you are fairly compensated for that loss.
The Joel Bieber Firm offers a free consultation with experienced car accident lawyers. They can advise you whether you have a case and if it’s worth involving lawyers in your claim.
The Best Time to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer
The best time to hire a car accident lawyer is as soon as you’ve been in a serious car accident. The sooner you have legal representation, the better. The insurance company starts working against you the minute they are aware that you’ve been in an accident. It’s their goal to settle with you for the least amount of money possible. To do that, they’ll have a team of experienced lawyers working to devalue your claim by picking it apart. They will determine how they can deny your claim or settle for the least amount possible. So if their team is working on the case, your legal team should be, too. The longer you wait, the more catching up you and your lawyer will need to do later on.
That’s why you’ll want to hire an attorney for your auto accident as soon as possible. Your first priority is to seek medical attention for your injuries. After you’ve been in an accident with either major or minor injuries, make sure you put your health first. After that, it’s time to call a lawyer. Preferably, you’ll want to hire a car accident lawyer before you notify your insurance company. Your lawyer can notify the insurance company on your behalf. This helps to ensure you don’t accidentally say or do anything that would harm your claim later on.
Why You Need to Hire an Auto Accident Attorney
● The insurance companies have a team of lawyers working against you. Their experienced lawyers know how to devalue your case effectively. You need an equally experienced lawyer working on your behalf to get you the best possible resolution for your case.
● Your lawyer can inform you about your rights and potential options for moving forward with your case. The complicated field of personal injury law requires an auto accident attorney who will navigate the system on your behalf. They can inform you of your rights as an accident victim and inform you about options you might not have known were available.
● They can help you identify harm you might not have considered. Injuries from an auto accident can appear days, weeks, or even months after the fact. An attorney can help you plan for the future and make sure you’ll get the medical care, physical therapy, and other services you need now as well as in the future. They can also assist you in compensation for circumstances like loss of income and pain and suffering.
● They handle most communication with the insurance company. These companies are persistent because they know they more they can talk to you before you hire an attorney the better their chances are of devaluing your case. Once you hire an attorney, though, the insurance companies can only communicate with you through your lawyer about your bodily injury claim. While you may still need to speak to the insurance company about property damage, involving an attorney can vastly reduce the phone calls you get from them. That can reduce the stress of talking to the insurance company’s representatives while you try to focus on your recovery.
● They help you build the strongest case possible. Your auto accident attorney will understand how to preserve evidence and interview witnesses, building the strongest case on your behalf. They have access to experts that you wouldn’t have on your own. That can help you maximize your claim with the insurance company and get the compensation that you really deserve for your injuries
Find the Best Car Accident Attorney Near Me
When you’ve been in a car accident, your focus should be on recovery. Your health, your work, and your family should get your time and energy. Don’t spend it on the insurance companies. Let your legal team handle your claim for you and end the stress of trying to get the compensation you deserve.
You may need to hire an auto accident attorney when you’ve been in an accident that resulted in injuries, death, or loss of income. Get medical attention first, then contact an experienced car accident attorney at The Joel Bieber Firm. We offer a free consultation for new clients so you can learn whether you have a valid case that needs the help of a legal team. Our lawyers will fight hard on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve. Get in touch with our auto accident lawyers today to book your consultation and to learn more about how our experienced legal team can help.
Being Sued for Car Accident but Have No Assets?
Can a Passenger Be Liable for a Car Accident?