Virginia Slip & Fall Accident Lawyer
Every day, people in Virginia sustain serious injuries in Slip and Fall accidents, if you have suffered from one, we recommend that you call our Virginia Slip & Fall Accident Lawyers, who can walk you through what you need to do.
Slip and Fall accidents can lead to devastating injuries for victims and can be caused by wet or uneven ground, dangerous stairs, faulty construction or a number of other unforeseen things.
What to Do After a Slip and Fall
If you or a loved one has experienced a slip and fall accident, it is important that you understand what to do immediately following your accident.
Consult A Medical Professional
- First and foremost, you need to seek medical attention to not only get a record of any injuries sustained but also to begin your path to recovery. Having professional documentation of your injuries is necessary if you pursue legal action.
File An Accident Report
- Wherever your accident occured, be sure to contact the property or store managers and report your slip and fall incident.
Speak to Witnesses
- If there were witnesses to the incident, it is important that you not only speak to them but gather their contact information if you are able. They may be able to assist you in your claim by providing statements regarding your injury.
Take Photos of the Injury Location
- Even after the injury occured, any pictures of the accident scene may help in your slip and fall claim.
Contact a Slip and Fall Lawyer As Soon As Possible
- As soon as possible after your accident, contact your Richmond slip and fall lawyer. They will be able to advise you on how to proceed. It is crucial that you do not listen to the insurance company or property manager without listening to the advice of your lawyer. Your lawyer will act in your best interest, while everyone else will try to downplay your injury.
If you were injured as a result of another person’s negligence, you deserve compensation. When you work with our Virginia slip and fall accident lawyers, we will advocate on the behalf of you or your loved one to ensure you are granted the compensation that you deserve.
How To Prove a Slip and Fall Claim
In order to prove the liability in a slip and fall case, you must prove that the slip and fall accident was a result of another person’s negligence. In general, an injured victim will have to demonstrate one of these two things to have a legitimate liability claim:
- The owner of the property caused the dangerous condition that led to the slip and fall injury
- The property owner knew about the dangerous condition and took no steps to correct the problem
Slip and Fall cases take careful scrutiny. Our Virginia slip and fall accident lawyers will work with you to review the circumstances that led to your injury and determine who is at fault. Given all the complex issues that surround a slip and fall claim, it is critical that you contact The Joel Bieber Firm today.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and Fall accidents are all into four main causes including wet and uneven floors, environmental conditions, unsafe stairs and ladders, or improper safety practices. Regardless of the cause, slip and fall accidents are frustrating and may be avoided with the use of proper warnings and communication.
- Wet and Uneven Floors are the most common causes of slip and fall accidents
- Uneven floors and pavements
- Recently waxed or polished floors
- Loose flooring, rugs, or mats that interfere with the floor stability
- Spills that have not been cleaned up
- Potholes in parking lots
- Environmental Conditions contribute to slip and fall accidents
- Unsalted icy surfaces
- Surfaces left wet from rain or snow
- Debris or trash on the floor
- Poor lighting that make it difficult to see
- Unsafe Stairs and Ladders
- Lack of handrails
- Warn or warped steps
- Debris or trash on stairs
- Slippery surfaces without nonskid
- Not securing ladders when in use
- Improper Safety Practices in the Workplace
- Equipment is broken
- Equipment is left out in public areas
Why Hire a Virginia Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer?
After an accident of any kind, especially a slip and fall accident, a Virginia slip and fall accident lawyer will be able to guide you through the claims surrounding your injury. At the Joel Bieber Firm, we pride ourselves on the outstanding and aggressive legal representation that we provide each one of our clients. Whether it is a simple or large-scale injury claim, our slip and fall lawyers dedicate themselves to your case.
A slip and fall lawsuit may be brought on if you have suffered an injury as a result of another’s negligence, carelessness, or recklessness. When you work with a Virginia slip and fall accident attorney, they will be able to determine your ability to recover compensation depends on several factors, including:
- Determining the other parties fault
- Demonstrating the extent of your injuries from the accident
- Proving that you would not have suffered any harm if it weren’t for the other parties negligence
Injury lawsuits must be filed within two years of the date of the injury, however, your lawyer will be able to work with you to determine the logistics of your case. When you work with our experienced Richmond slip and fall lawyers, we will guide you through the logistics of your case. Our legal team has the knowledge and the skill to best advise you through your slip and fall case to grant you the compensation that you deserve and need.
What to Expect When You Meet With Our Richmond Slip and Fall Lawyers
When you meet with our professional legal team, your first consultation is free. We will work with you to determine the best course of legal action to pursue and we will work with you each step of the way.
Our slip and fall lawyers will ensure that your legal and procedural rights are protected. We understand the unique legalities surrounding slip and fall cases and will work with you to serve your needs. We will look through insurance policies and personal assets that you may be entitled to as damages.
We can help negotiate the best possible settlement for your injury claim, which may include alternative dispute resolution measures such as mediation and settlement conferences. If your slip and fall case requires a court hearing, we are prepared to represent you. Insurance companies know that your last resort for resolving your claim is in the courtroom. Our slip and fall lawyers start preparing your case for the eventuality of going to trial from the very first time that they meet with you and we will make sure that you are prepared for trial as well. Trial does not intimidate us and insurance companies will not be effective in using the trial as a means to deny you the compensation that you deserve.
Contact Our Legal Team Today. We Are Here To Help.
At The Joel Bieber Firm, our Richmond slip and fall lawyers take pride in the legal guidance that we provide for our clients. Part of our duty to you is to be a counselor who will advise you based on our legal experience in and out of the courtroom. Contact an experienced slip and fall lawyer at The Joel Bieber Firm today for your free initial consultation. We will fight for you.