Nantcket Car Accident Lawyer
If you have been involved in a car accident, you must act fast. It is crucial that you work with a specialized nantucket car accident lawyer to ensure that your rights are being protected and that you get the claims process complete as soon as possible. At The Joel Bieber Firm, our car accident lawyers will work with your throughout your car accident claim to guide you to recover the compensation that you deserve and need. We will even come to you in your time of need.
According to the Massachusetts Department of Transportation, traffic accidents happen frequently in the city of Boston and across Suffolk County, Massachusetts. In 2019, there were an average of 12.1 collisions on Boston roads every single day.
Do You Need to Work with a Nantucket Car Accident Lawyer?
A car accident will likely leave you shaken up and unsure of how to proceed. Working with our Nantucket car accident lawyers will enable you to begin the process of assessing damages, investigating next steps, and getting you closer to receiving the care, compensation, and recovery that you deserve.
At The Joel Bieber Firm, our car accident lawyers understand the unique rules and regulations in Massachusetts as well as Nantucket. We will be able to guide you through the necessary steps following an accident.
What Steps Should You Take Immediately After Your Nantucket Car Accident?
Immediately following a car accident, it is crucial that you proceed intentionally. What you do after an accident will help set you up for success.
It is extremely important that you call the police and collect as much information as you can about your Nantucket car accident. If you are severely injured and you aren’t able to collect the necessary information from the accident scene, request that the police officer or a passenger in your vehicle to collect information and send it to you. You will need the other driver’s contact information and car registration to proceed with the insurance next steps to ensure that you receive proper coverage. The police and insurance companies will look at the evidence in making a determination as to which driver is responsible for the collision, in addition to compiling each party’s compensation packages.
To help guide you after an car accident, we have created a handy Do and Don’t guide to use as soon as you are in an accident.
Can I rely on the Insurance Company to Help Me?
The insurance companies are motivated to settle your claim quickly, and most times for less compensation than you deserve. The insurance company is not your friend. It is their job to settle the car accident insurance claim as quickly and cheaply as possible. The amount they offer you may be inadequate to properly compensate you for your injuries, medical treatment, property damage, and wage losses.
Insurance companies want to return a profit for their shareholders. If you have been injured in an accident, you will need an experienced Nantucket car accident lawyer to handle your case. Contact our legal team at The Joel Bieber Firm today to receive personalized, top quality legal representation.
What Will Your Car Accident Lawyer Do?
Your Nantucket car accident lawyer will work with you to review the facts of your case to determine if you meet the requirements to file a Massachusetts car crash lawsuit. If so, your attorney may file a lawsuit against the person responsible for your injuries. If your case is successful, you may be able to receive compensation for any losses stemming from the crash, including medical expenses.
When you work with our Nantucket car accident lawyers, we will take the following steps in preparing and handling your case to ensure that you are set up for success:
- Gather Evidence: Your lawyer will gather all evidence necessary to prove who was at fault. To determine whether a lawsuit should be filed, your lawyer may interview witnesses, take additional photographs of the scene, and review any traffic surveillance footage that is available. In addition, your car accident lawyer may review police records to review the driving records of the other involved drivers.
- Work with Medical Experts: Our legal team will be able to connect with the medical professional that evaluated your medical condition to help ensure you receive the appropriate level of compensation for your injuries. If any future medical treatment is required, that information will be crucial for your car accident case.
- Negotiate with Insurance Companies: The insurance company may attempt to offer you a quick settlement in exchange for your agreement not to file a lawsuit. More often than not, the initial offer from an insurance company is not their best offer and may not provide complete compensation for your injuries. Our team will negotiate directly with the insurance company on your behalf. After negotiating with the insurance company, if the settlement offered is not adequate, we will prepare your case for court.
- Prepare Your Case for Trial If Necessary: We are not intimidated by going to court and neither should you. If your case goes to trial, our car accident lawyers will help you prepare. We have successfully tried numerous car accident cases.
How Much Is My Car Accident Case Worth?
The amount of compensation you receive from the insurance company will depend on several factors, including the severity of your injuries, if you missed work as a result of the accident, and if you lost income. The most important factors include:
- Medical Bills: You may qualify to be compensated for past and future medical bills, including money to help cover the costs of hospital bills, rehabilitation expenses, and in-home care assistance.
- Lost Wages: If the injuries that you sustained from the car accident interfered with your ability to work, you may be able to recover compensation for any lost wages. If you are no longer able to perform the essential functions of your job, you may be entitled to further compensation for your reduced earning capacity.
- Physical Pain and Emotional Suffering: Car accidents are a very traumatic experience. Car accident victims may be eligible to receive compensation for the physical pain and emotional suffering they have experienced.
- Punitive Damages: If the wreck involved reckless conduct by the at-fault party, you may be able to recover punitive damages, which are intended to discourage others from engaging in similarly dangerous conduct.
What are the Common Causes of Massachusetts Car Accidents?
There are many factors that contribute to the high number of car accidents that occur in Massachusetts, including:
- inattentiveness and reckless driving
- speeding, and inconsistent speeds
- impairment caused by drinking and drugs
- cell phone use
- disobeying traffic signals or signs
Contact Our Nantucket Car Accident Lawyers Today
Our legal team at The Joel Bieber Firm will start working on your car accident claim right away. We will continue to work diligently until your situation is resolved.
What’s REALLY Happening with
Auto Accident Claims
CNN’s Anderson Cooper 360 aired a three-part report that revealed the underhanded tactics that many insurance companies are using to save themselves billions of dollars by reducing claims paid to minor-impact crash victims. These tactics – dubbed the “Three Ds,” delay, deny and defend – are discussed in the reports by former insurance industry insiders. CNN’s investigative team’s research and interviews revealed that multiple major insurance providers have employed these tactics during the course of the past 10 years. The result: 80 percent to 90 percent of accident victims settling without a fight for the small sums the companies offer. Often, these sums are as small as $50 and $100 when the victims are facing thousands of dollars lost.
Watch the Anderson Cooper 360 Reports on the Auto Insurance Industry:
Read the Anderson Cooper 360 Articles on the Auto Insurance Industry:
Contact an experienced auto accident lawyer at The Joel Bieber Firm today for your free initial consultation. Please fill out the form on this page.